7/05/2008

my music is WHAT?

The funniest thing just happened. my mom called me (thats not it! lol) and we were talking...blah blah blah....and she said, "you got good music there, are you in the basement?" --no, im at the computer, if i was in the basement i wouldnt have heard the phone or at least, the music would be so loud that we couldnt talk.
but aside from that. MY MOTHER SAID MY MUSIC WAS "NICE" bet you're wondering what i was listening too, huh? ok, so you proly already know.....lol it was LP of course. the beginning of "what i've done" to be exact.and she LIKED it. now this woman doesnt like anything rock related, she thinks the rolling stones are "heavy" and i cant even repeat the things she's said about metallica or rammstein. but i know why she is starting to like LP. ever since the concert (06-24) i have been playing LP (MTM mostly but not exclusively) on my computer 24/7. so when she's here she has no choice but to hear it, and i forced her to watch my video from the concert http://vimeo.com/1258422
and pointed out how f*cking awesome chesters voice is (she agreed!) and even said:
"wow, that sounds great for being live!"
and then of course theres the fact that the new album (minutes to midnight) is kinda "soft", yk? lots more singing, less screaming, (unfortunatly...lol) you get the point (at least i hope you do)
because i can clearly remember her saying some rather unpleasant things about LP back in the days of "hybrid theory".
who knows, maybe at 47 years of age its not too late for her to develop a good taste in music.....

oh and one more thing:
THANK YOU DAD FOR INTRODUCING ME TO GOOD MUSIC. IF IT WASNT FOR YOU, I COULD BE A FAN OF JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE OR CLAY AIKEN NOW. *shudders* dont even wanna imagine THAT....
mom, no kudos to you......:D

3 comments:

Christina said...

LOL, too funny! I like MTM too, even though it's softer. Bands evolve and change and I think it's SO lame when fans get all pissy because the new album doesn't sound exactly like the last one. Even my Hannah Montana loving kids like "Hands Held High" and "Leave Out All The Rest."

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

It's been a long time since I did much reading of German, so I totally guessed at the link! *LOL* My parents gave me a love of music too. Dad could only play a one-finger version of Beethoven's 9th Symphony on the piano, but he loved music. :)

Lisa said...

My parent's music choice influenced what I like now as well. I remember as a kid my mom blasting Metallica or Black Sabbath everywhere we went. My dad was always listening to the Eagles or to Kiss. I am now a huge fan of anything metal and anything 'heavy'. I really have my parents to thank for that.